
Born with thick and curly hair, I have become one of those girls who has found a savior in her straightener. Although there are those rare days, when I can just hop out of the shower and be content with my hair, most times when I'm heading out for a night with my friends and sorority sisters I find myself with my hair being straight. I love everything about my hair being straight, except for the smell and fuzz that it creates from the straightener (hopefully a few of you know what I'm talking about or else I may just have a bad straightener...). To this day I have found only a few products that have been able to cure this:
1. John Frieda's Secret Weapon
You would think I'd be kidding if I told you this product is something I depend on! Not only has this product saved me from the frizz and smell, but the tube lasts me for months -- just the smallest amount helps fix the mane that exists on the top of my head.
You would think I'd be kidding if I told you this product is something I depend on! Not only has this product saved me from the frizz and smell, but the tube lasts me for months -- just the smallest amount helps fix the mane that exists on the top of my head.2. Garnier Fructis: Sleek & Shine
Another great fix and leaves hands feeling silky smooth as well. The problem with this product is that even the slightest bit too much makes hair look a little too oily/dirty. I recommend only applying in areas that seriously need it (for me: the middle and roots of my hair). This isn't a product that I can just run through my hair, I have to be a little cautious on using it -- unless applying to my towel dry hair where the excess seems to dry along with my hair. When applying it to my dry hair, I don't even use a full pump, the little droplet seems to do the trick, most of the time.
Another great fix and leaves hands feeling silky smooth as well. The problem with this product is that even the slightest bit too much makes hair look a little too oily/dirty. I recommend only applying in areas that seriously need it (for me: the middle and roots of my hair). This isn't a product that I can just run through my hair, I have to be a little cautious on using it -- unless applying to my towel dry hair where the excess seems to dry along with my hair. When applying it to my dry hair, I don't even use a full pump, the little droplet seems to do the trick, most of the time.3. Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy Body Lotion

You think I'm kidding, but I really have used normal body lotion and it works great! Since I wear Viva La Juicy as my perfume now, I thought why not have my hair smell just as great? Applying a small amount (dime size) into my palm and then running my hands through my hair, leaves it smelling amazing and looking just as great as well.
I can totally relate with this post I have naturally blonde curly hair, think Taylor Swift, and I totally get the smell and the fuzz! I swear by Chi hair straighteners and "it's a 10" leave in serum, it smells great and keeps my straightened hair from going crazy when I go to parties!
ReplyDeleteSuch a good idea with the body lotion! My hair always smells burnt, but I'm going to try the lotion!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what straightener you use, but like ^ Abby said, CHI is the way to go!
I totally use body lotion to keep my frizzies down, too! Viva smells amazing in my hair, and I always get lots of compliments! :o)
ReplyDelete