The day has come that all the Irish (and non-Irish) folks have been waiting a whole year for! I myself have way too much going on and will not be able to really "celebrate" except spending time with my friends here and there that I do get the time. Sitting here thinking as to why Saint Patrick's feast day is so special above all others, so I did a Wikipedia (I know that the highly recognized place for information, but I was looking for a fast answer!) search and read through to get this answer:In the mid-1990s the Irish government began a campaign to use Saint Patrick's Day to showcase Ireland and its culture. The government set up a group called St. Patrick's Festival, with the aim to:
* Offer a national festival that ranks amongst all of the greatest celebrations in the world and promote excitement throughout Ireland via innovation, creativity, grassroots involvement, and marketing activity.
* Provide the opportunity and motivation for people of Irish descent, (and those who sometimes wish they were Irish) to attend and join in the imaginative and expressive celebrations.
* Project, internationally, an accurate image of Ireland as a creative, professional and sophisticated country with wide appeal, as we approach the new millennium.
So if you didn't know, now you know! I found it to be extremely intriguing!
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too!!!
ReplyDeletei admit, i didn't really know anything about st. patrick's day either!
ReplyDelete