Friday, March 11, 2011

iPhone, Blackberry or Droid?

So I'm starting to realize that not having a smart phone is no longer the "cool" thing. I've sort of have been enjoying not having all sorts of communication (Facebook, Twitter, Email) with me at all times, but it seems as though this is a reality that I need to start grasping. Being involved at school, I feel as though I am almost out of loop without receiving emails whenever I can. So I am going to try and convince my dad to let me get a smartphone by the end of this summer. That way I can go into my senior year, ready with all of the latest news at my fingertips. During the beginning of this year, I was convinced that if I were going to get a phone it would be a Blackberry, but I've had a few sorority sisters and friends that have converted to the iPhone from a Blackberry and now swear by their iPhone. My mom has the Samsung Galaxy and I really like her phone as well, but I feel as though the Droid interface isn't as user-friendly as the iPhone and Blackberry. A reason I like the Blackberry, is the whole idea behind Blackberry Messenger (BBM), but the apps the iPhone and Droid offer are pretty cool as well.


Decisions, decisions. Can anyone help?!?

-jMn

2 comments:

  1. It depends on what service you have! If you have Verizon, you can't go wrong with either the iPhone or a Blackberry. If you have AT&T, you should switch to Verizon ASAP! Haha, just kidding. But in all seriousness, my dad had a Droid and HATED it. Like, he returned it after having it for 5 days. He returned to his trusty blackberry and as soon as the iPhone came to Verizon, he got that. He LOVES the iPhone and so do I.

    It just depends on what you want to do with the phone. iPhone has a lot more apps (for getting you through boring lectures) but the blackberry is more business oriented, in my opinion. I have a bberry and love it, but sometimes wish I had an iPhone... just for the apps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blackberry for a little over a year before I got an iphone last fall, and the only thing I was really afraid of was missing BBM...But I don't at all! I love everything about the iphone- the apps, texting, camera, the list goes on!

    ReplyDelete