Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rainy Day Remedies

With rain in the forecast for the rest of my spring break (what a shame) I have decided to come up with a checklist of good things to do -- only to further along the procrastination of all the school work I have anxiously waiting for me in my Vera Bradley backpack.

1. Watch a good movie
Although extremely sad and almost depressing, I absolutely love this movie and haven't seen it in so long. I've got to put it in the DVD player sometime today and cuddle with my puppy and watch it!

2. Play some "Words With Friends"
One of my favorite apps for my iPod touch. I'm playing a few of my friends right now (including my Uncle who lives all the way in California). It's an ordinary game of scrabble with the twist of being able to chat with whomever you're playing. Have words with friends? Play me! (jmnemeth)

3. Read a good book
I have had the Carrie Diaries on my night stand for quite some time now. I need get myself to start reading it again so that I can go to the book store and purchase a new book! Weird fact about me: I love spending the day at the book store. Sometimes I go in thinking I know exactly what kind of book I'm looking for, but then come out frustrated because I couldn't decide. As cool as the Kindle and Nook are, I don't think I'll ever get myself to buy one, just for the sheer fact that I enjoy going to the book store itself and being able to hold the actual book myself.

4. Online shopping
A picture can not even describe how terrible but FANTASTIC idea this is...and probably a good thing that it is on the bottom of my list, because that is where it should stay. If only I had the budget to satisfy all of my online shopping wants :(

Although this list only touches upon a few options of what you can do on a perfect rainy day, I feel like all of these four things will be done before I head back to school on Sunday.

Hope everyone on the east coast enjoys their rainy day! Try and stay dry!

-jMn

No comments:

Post a Comment